Remote Learning Academy
K-5 / 6-12
Welcome to the Remote Learning Academy for grades K-5 and 6-12. We are confident that you will find all the necessary information regarding the RLA and the Edgenuity online learning platform. We are excited about the opportunity to provide a quality all remote learning experience supported by some of our very best highly qualified Dracut PS teachers within each grade level at K-5 and within core content area teams at the 6-8 and 9-12 levels. The objective of this page is to provide as much concrete information regarding the structure and organization of the Academy.
We firmly believe first and foremost, during this unprecedented time, that all of our students in our Remote Learning Academy should be provided with authentic opportunities to develop a classroom community through the enhanced integration of our district wide RULER program and maintaining connections with their home school / grade and class through opportunities to engage and interact socially during the week.
Our K-5 students and families will be using the Edgenuity/Accelerate K-5 flexible learning program. Grades 6-12 will be accessing Edgenuity COURSEWARE, a rigorous and customizable online curriculum and courses. Introductory informational links are provided below to both programs for families. We will also be scheduling live remote INFORMATIONAL sessions for both K-5 and 6-12 families in the upcoming weeks. It is IMPORTANT to keep in mind the following key points that pertain to the structure of both programs:
- All core content/ courses / classes are taught asynchronously within Edgenuity. This means all lessons are taught by licensed teachers pre-recorded through a specific sequence that includes direct instruction, guided practice, independent practice and assessment.
- Our experienced DPS teachers within grades K-5 (two at each grade level plus a dedicated Special Education teacher) and one team of five (ELA, Math, History, Science and SPED for grades 6-8 and one for grades 9-12) will serve as primary facilitators, continuously monitoring progress, reteaching and communicating with students and families.
- Families in the younger grades of K-2 will need to closely monitor and assist their child(ren) as they navigate through the program every day.
- All core content at all levels K-12 is aligned with our Massachusetts State curriculum frameworks.
- All students will be provided with an expected schedule that parallels the Hybrid model.
Edgenuity/ Accelerate Flexible K-5 Elementary -Informational BROCHURE
The Parent/Guardian Guide - K-5 Complete Parent/Guardian Guide
K-5 Learning Coach / Parent or Guardian - Learning Coach / Parent or Guardian VIDEO
Guidance for Families / Learning Coach - The Importance of a Learning Coach Role
Courseware 6-12 Learning Platform -Informational Webpage
Courseware 6-12 Video Overview -Courseware Overview with Video
Theory behind Building a Core Content Course -How a Course is Built?
Guidance for Families - Guidance for Families with Virtual Learning
It is important to keep in mind that we are working as hard as we can to get everyone up and running and prepared for the first day of school on the 16th. We will need parents/guardians to be patient as we build something that has never been built before and within a relatively short time frame. Soon we will be connecting students with specific teachers and teams and they will begin reaching out to families to ensure we are as prepared as we can be for the 16th. Additional information will be provided, so check back often.
(978) 957-2617 ext. 8021